Saturday, July 30, 2016

My Bouchercon 2016 panel: Rogue cops, fool's gold, and more!!!

I have the singular honor of being the first name on the panel schedule for Bouchercon 2016. That's because I'm moderating a session at 9 a.m., Thursday, Sept. 15, and it's a good one.

The panel is From Hank to Hendrix: Beyond Chandler and Hammett: Lesser Known Writers of the Pulp and Paperback Original Eras. This is the third year I'll moderate this panel, in which authors, critics, and editors discuss their favorite lesser-known crime writers of the past. The sessions always expand my appreciation of crime's fiction's range, and this year is no exception.

The panelists for 2016 are: Patti Abbott, Eric Beetner, Martin Edwards, Rick Ollerman, and Gary Phillips, and they already have me reading authors new to me. So come see us in LaGalleries 1, in the Marriott, 555 Canal St., New Orleans, 9 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 15.

© Peter Rozovsky 2016

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Rick Robinson said...

Wow, that's one hell of a panel! Wish I could be there.

July 30, 2016  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

It's a good one, all right. As always, I am enjoying the preparation for the panel.

July 31, 2016  
Blogger Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Peter, I hope you file a post-panel report. I'd like to read it. Generally speaking, as a moderator for a discussion on crime fiction, how much does one need to have read or know?

July 31, 2016  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

This will be my eighth year modifying panels at Bouchercon, and I always file reports.

One ought to have read at least one book by each author on the panel and to know relevant information about each author. I over prepare, and I love doing so.

July 31, 2016  
Blogger seana graham said...

Stellar panel. Really hope I get to see it.

July 31, 2016  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Does that mean you're coming to New Orleans?

July 31, 2016  
Blogger seana graham said...

I am planning to, but there is a possible schedule conflict that has come up, so I may not know for a couple of weeks. I have registered though.

July 31, 2016  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

I just saw your name on the list!

July 31, 2016  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Yikes! After last year, you deserve a hassle-free Bouchercon.

July 31, 2016  
Blogger seana graham said...

There's something about that season that seems to bring other things up for me. I have no idea why.

July 31, 2016  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Bouchercon is unusually early this year, too. November seems to be safe, as you made it to Long Beach. Dallas in three years is pretty late, too.

July 31, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home