Sunday, November 11, 2007

Eoin Colfer up for an award

With a hat tip to the Bookwitch blog comes the news that Eoin Colfer has made the long list for the 2008 Carnegie Medal, awarded to the best book for children or young adults published in the UK.

I've written about Colfer often on Detectives Beyond Borders, and I expect to read more of him soon. I discovered his work in the Dublin Noir anthology (not a book for children), liked it, looked for more of it, and, though youngsters everywhere will consider me hopelessly out of it, was surprised to discover that he wrote for children. Well, a writer is a writer no matter whom he writes for, and Eoin Colfer is a writer, all right. Best of luck to him!

© Peter Rozovsky 2007

Technorati tags:

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're all children, Peter. That's why we love Eoin.

November 18, 2007  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

We all may be children, but I found myself wondering when I first read Eoin Colfer's children's books how young readers would respond to the genre references, such as the very funny opening paragraph of Half Moon Investigations. If such writing can appeal to children and adults in different ways at the same time, I'd say Eoin Colfer has pulled off an impressive feat.

November 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home